Thursday, August 2, 2007

Oh My Aching Calves

Riding a bike really helps you get to know the topography of your town. I now understand that Grand and Morganford each run along ridges, while Roger and Kingshighway are at the bottoms of valleys. In a car, you'd barely notice. On a bike, those slopes are brutal - especially if you're out of shape and riding a heavy-frame one-speed. I rode for a mere half-hour Saturday night, and there were times when I felt like I was dragging the bike uphill. Ugh. Now, I was trying to push myself, taking the slopiest routes I could find. But I must've pushed myself too hard, because when I rode Monday night, my legs immediately started hurting. I guess the real lesson here is: I am ridiculously out of shape. I wonder if I could ride an exercise bike while I work...

No comments: